Ladies and gentlemen... let's play
NAME THAT MOVIE
! I provide the quote, you get all excited... jump up and down... "I know this one! It's right on the tip of my tongue!" And I'm sure you'll get a lot of them.
I promise not to stump you with my old movies... much... and yes, I'll supply the answers at the end. Don't you dare google! Have fun!
1)I hate you I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick -- it even makes me rhyme. I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh ' even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you ' not even close, not even a little bit, not any at all.
2) Get off my plane!
3) Rule number one: I can't kill anybody. So don't ask. Rule number two: I can't make anybody fall in love with anybody else. (smack) You little puddum there. Rule number three! I can't bring the people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture, I don't like doing it! Other than that, you got it.
4) Of course! From a group of Libyan nationalists. They wanted me to build them a bomb, so I took their plutonium and instead gave them a shoddy bomb casing filled with used pinball machine parts!
5) I won't kill you... but I don't have to save you.
6) I think it's T double-E double-R double-R double-I double-F double-I double-C, C, C.
7) Now what we have here is failure to communicate.
8) Sucking all the marrow out of life doesn't mean choking on the bone.
9) Why am I calling you by your first names? I don't even know you. I still call my boss "Mister", and I've been working for him for seven years, but all of a sudden I walk in here and I'm calling you Rick and Sheila like we're in some kind of AA meeting. . .I don't want to be your buddy, Rick. I just want some breakfast.
10) If you build what, who will come?
11) The best thing about visiting the President is the food! Now, since it was all free, and I wasn't hungry but thirsty, I must've drank me fifteen Dr. Peppers.
12) No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
13) What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today.
14) I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be there in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be there in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they built - I'll be there, too.
15) Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here, draggin' your heavy ass, through the burnin' desert, with your dreadlocks sticking out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? (kicks alien) I could've been at a barbecue! ...but I ain't mad.
16) You wanna talk to God? (reaching for his revolver) Let's go see him together; I've got nothing better to do.
17) I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that. I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long...
18) You're gonna need a bigger boat.
19) God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...
20) Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.
21) Here it goes: I sped, I followed too closely, I ran a stop sign, I almost hit a Chevy, I sped some more, I failed to yield at a crosswalk, I changed lanes in an intersection, I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light, and speeding!
22) You know, nasty little fellows such as yourself always get their comeuppance.
23) I only lied about being a thief.
24) Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
25) But why is the rum gone?
26) Yeah. Veg out. Be still like vegetables. Lay like broccoli.
27) You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"!
28) Every man's ready for marriage when the right girl comes along, and Lisa Fremont is the right girl for any man with half a brain who can get one eye open.
29) You're killing me, Smalls!
30) He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb.
31) You mighta seen a house fly, maybe even a superfly, but you ain't never seen a donkey fly.
32) Don't ever risk your life for an asset. If it comes down to you or them... send flowers.
33) The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.
34) I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!
35) Do you know what the most suprising thing about divorce is? -It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart, or a head-on car wreck. It should. When... someone you've promised to cherish... "'til death do you part"... says they never loved you... it should kill you instantly. You shouldn't have to wake up day after day after that trying to understand how in the world you didn't know.
36) Well, if you must know, it was because he was very jealous, and I had these days of the week underpants.
37) This certainly is a big, round room...
38) Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?
39) Are you telling me that my children have been running around in nothing but these old drapes?!
40) And by the way, there's a name for you ladies. But it isn't used in high society... outside of a kennel.
41) What would you do with a brain if you had one?
42) It's light beer, and she's gonna throw it up anyway!
43) I could swear that she was padded from her shoulders to her heels, but then she started dancing and her dancing made me feel like every single thing she had was absolutely real!
44) Daddy, I met a man in Rome! And he's wonderful and brilliant and we're getting maaaaaarrieeeeed!
45) Oh Jerry, let's not ask for the moon. We still have the stars!
46) What kind of a name is Bug? What's his last name? Spray?
47) And, Daddy, he took my boot!
48) Mathematicians won the war; mathematicians broke the Japanese codes and built the A-bomb.
49) Here's looking at you, kid.
50) Let me get this straight. You know her; she knows you; but she wants to eat him... and everybody's okay with this? Did I miss something?!
1) 10 Things I Hate About You
2) Airforce One
4) Back to the Future (the good one)
5) Batman Begins
6) Charlotte's Web
7) Cool Hand Luke
8) Dead Poet's Society
9) Falling Down
10) Field of Dreams
11) Forrest Gump
12) Gone With the Wind
13) Groundhog Day
14) Grapes of Wrath
15) Independence Day
16) Indiana Jones (the good one)
17) It's a Wonderful Life
19) Jurassic Park
20) Jurassic Park
21) Liar, Liar
22) The Mummy
23) Ocean's Eleven
25) Pirates of the Carribean
26) Pretty Woman
27) The Princess Bride
28) Rear Window
29) The Sandlot
30) Saving Private Ryan
31) Shrek (the good one)
32) Spy Game
33) Top Gun
34) True Grit
35) Under the Tuscan Sun
36) When Harry Met Sally
38) Young Frankenstein
39) Sound of Music
40) The Women
41) The Wizard of Oz
42) Miss Congeniality
44) Father of the Bride (the new one)
45) Now, Voyager
46) Uncle Buck
48) A Beautiful Mind
50) Lion King
Feel free to post your score!